A third cohort of companies has been selected to take part in the 5G Open Innovation Lab (5G OI Lab), a Bellevue, Wash.-based startup program funded by T-Mobile, Microsoft, NASA and others.
The lab debuted last May and revealed the participants in a second program in September. The aim is to help entrepreneurs take advantage of 5G technology and build connections with a variety of partners from the public and private sphere.
The Spring 2021 batch of companies represent technologies serving markets including automation, cybersecurity, fleet management, autonomous farming, logistics and healthcare.
“The diversity of stages, use cases, and technology of this batch demonstrates the program’s evolution and ability to attract a range of companies,” Jim Brisimitzis, general partner of the lab, said in a news release.
Here are the 15 new companies, with descriptions from the lab:
- A5G Networks: Enabling distributed and disaggregated network of networks to create autonomous private and public 4G, 5G, and WiFi Networks.
- AccelerComm: Supercharging 5G NR with cutting edge Physical Layer IP that increases spectral efficiency and reduces latency, enabling compelling, high-value 5G services.
- Agolo: The leading AI summarization platform for enterprise, creating personalized and contextually relevant summaries dynamically from your organization’s high value, high volume data.
- Attila Security: A cybersecurity company focused on edge and cloud computing for all IP enabled devices within the US Government and enterprise.
- Blue White Robotics: Connects people with autonomous solutions today through its platform which manages multiple fleets of air and ground vehicles efficiently, and safely for agriculture, urban mobility and first responders.
- Continual: Provides Connected Car manufacturers and mobile network operators with unique AI-driven solutions for analyzing and improving the connected journey experience of drivers, passengers and subscribers on the move.
- EdgeQ: 5G Base-station on a “chip” company providing a fully open and programmable RAN platform at a fraction of the power and cost of existing solutions for Enterprise and Telco applications.
- LogDNA: A centralized log management solution that helps modern engineering teams be more productive in a DevOps world.
- MantisNet: Provides cloud-native network observability by simplifying real-time access and extraction of containerized and ephemeral 5G network, application and network functions data for continuous monitoring, topology, event correlation, and automation to improve performance, reliability and security.
- NavTrac: Leverages Computer Vision to reimagine yard operations through automation and proactive optimization with a platform that features an Automated Gate System (AGS) to increase data quality, detect damage, improve inventory management and eliminate guard costs.
- Proximie: Technology platform saving lives by sharing the world’s best clinical practice.
- SensorUp: A NATO-award winning Internet of Things (IoT) and Movement AI cloud platform for operational efficiency, automation, and safety.
- Simetric: A holistic IoT lifecycle management platform that simplifies complex data streams from large-scale, connected devices into a single-pane format you can access, understand, and act on with ease.
- Teal: An Internet of Things (IoT) services company that provides intelligent connectivity and networking solutions to connected device makers and public-private network operators through Teal’s eSIM platform helping IoT operators scale globally, automate connectivity workflows, control access to public and private networks, and evolve with new cellular technologies, including 5G.
- Tupl: A Bellevue-based growth stage start-up, supplying Tier-1 operators across the world with Digital Transformation use cases through their AI platform for network operations with a direct presence on four continents to closely serve Tupl’s customers and partners.
Unlike many accelerators and incubators, the lab does not take equity stakes in the startups. But the sponsoring companies get early access for potential venture investments and are part of the cohort selection process.