Actor Noel Clarke “deeply saddened” and promises to “seek professional help”

Actor Noel Clarke has said that he is “deeply sorry” and that he will seek “professional help” following professional harassment claims made against him.

Claims about the Viewpoint actor became known on Thursday (April 29).

It meant ITV pulled the final episode of its drama Viewpoint and instead only showed it on its online hub.


Actor Noel Clarke has pledged to “seek professional help” in the face of allegations (Credit: Splash News)

What are the allegations against actor Noel Clarke?

The 15 year sexual harassment allegations were made by 20 women at Clarke.

The allegations came to light in an article in The guard earlier this week.

Read more: Noel Clarke Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations – full explanation here

He was charged with sexual harassment, unwanted touch or fumbling, and sexually inappropriate behavior on the set.

He is also accused of professional misconduct for taking and sharing explicit pictures and videos without consent and bullying.

A number of his Viewpoint female co-stars posted on social media in support of his alleged victims after ITV announced that the final episode would not be televised.

What's going on instead of point of view
The final episode of Viewpoint was scrapped last night (Credit: ITV)

What did Noel Clarke say?

In addition to denying all allegations, Clarke also apologized.

He said he was “deeply sorry” that his “actions” affected people in ways he “did not intend or realize”.

He also confirmed that he would “seek professional help” in order to “educate” himself.

Clarke also said he intended to “change for the better”.

Read more: Viewpoint’s Alexandra Roach makes a statement on the Noel Clarke scandal

His full statement, released by his lawyers, read: “I vehemently deny any sexual or criminal misconduct.

I will seek professional help to further my education and change for the better.

“However, recent reports have made me realize that some of my actions have affected people in ways that I did not intend or realize.

“I feel very sorry for these people.

“I will seek professional help to educate myself and change for the better.”

Noel Clarke from the perspective
Viewpoint stars have issued statements on the allegations (Credit: ITV)

How did other TV channels react?

Sky has stopped work on the fourth series of Bulletproof, starring Clarke and Ashley Walters.

The latter came out and said he was shocked at the allegations made against his longtime “friend and colleague”.

However, he has said that he cannot just watch and “ignore” them.

BAFTA also stripped Clarke of his membership and the most recent Outstanding Contribution to the Cinema Award he received.

What do you think? Go to ours Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and tell us.

Leave a Comment