Bruno Tonioli joked about his Strictly Come Dancing replacement Anton du Beke that he “needs the money” when he gets ready to take a seat next to the show’s regular judges.
Italian judge Bruno, 65, will not appear on the next series of the BBC dance show due to travel restrictions.
And although he is ready to return in the future, Bruno also believes that he may no longer “need” at Strictly Come Dancing.
Strictly Come Dancing Jury: Anton du Beke steps in
The veteran dancer Anton, 54, will be on the jury again in 2021.
He did the same last year when Bruno failed to get to filming from Los Angeles.
Read more: Strictly Come Dancing: Anton Du Beke confirmed as judge because he was Bruno Tonioli. replaced
And although Bruno is “sad and frustrated” with the way things have turned out, he accepts that nothing can be done.
He also backed Anton as the “obvious choice” to replace him – although he was not consulted.
What Bruno thinks of Anton as his replacement
Bruno said Anton was very interested in taking on the role.
He thought The sun on Sunday: “I was never asked for my opinion, but I was not surprised. [Anton] really wanted to get this role as a judge, so I’m sure he’ll love it. “
Good for him. He needs the money.
Bruno went on joking with the tabloid: “Good for him. He needs the money. “
Will Bruno Strictly continue to watch?
The flamboyant TV favorite hinted he won’t tune in when Strictly’s new series kicks off this fall.
Bruno said it would be “very naff” if he would “stick his nose in” if he was inevitably asked for his opinion.
Read more: Strictly Come Dancing Judge: Bruno Tonioli under fire as result was announced
So he decided not to watch his replacement fare on the podium in his old seat.
Bruno explained: “Watching Anton would not be fair. It would be weird like seeing an ex with someone new. Just keep going, honey. “
Bruno also announced that he hadn’t heard from any of the other judges about Strictly since the changes were announced.
Bruno admitted, however, that Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Motsi Mabuse had made public “supportive” statements.
And he also noted that if they weren’t in contact, he wouldn’t burst into tears as they have “separate lives.”
Leave us a comment our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.