BBC coverage of Christian Eriksen after his collapse has sparked more than 6,000 complaints.
29-year-old Danish soccer player Eriksen collapsed during Denmark’s game against Finland at Euro 2020 earlier this month.
Before he was hospitalized, he was given medical attention on the square and was later confirmed to be in cardiac arrest.
However, the BBC came under fire after cameras kept cutting back on the player on the ground.
BBC hit by complaints about Christian Eriksen’s collapse
The station received 6,417 complaints from viewers.
Read more: BBC apologizes for reporting on Christian Eriksen after player collapsed at Euro 2021
At the time of Eriksen’s breakdown, the BBC apologized for the coverage.
A statement said: “Everyone at the BBC is hoping Christian Eriksen will make a full recovery.
What did the BBC say?
“We apologize to everyone who was upset about the images broadcast.
“The stadium coverage is controlled by UEFA as the host broadcaster, and as soon as the game was interrupted we got our coverage off the air as quickly as possible.”
But the Uefa [the Union of European Football Associations] said at the time: “With regard to the TV images, we would like to say that all TV channels had the opportunity to downsize their studios – there have been many who have done so.
“It is your editorial decision whether or not to stay on live images.”
How is Christian Eriksen?
Meanwhile, Eriksen was released from the hospital on Friday (June 18).
He underwent a “successful” operation to attach a cardiac starter device.
In a statement, the footballer said: “Thanks for the many greetings. It was amazing to see and feel.
“The operation went well and, given the circumstances, I am fine.
“It was really great to see the guys again after the fantastic game last night.
Read more: Euro 2020: 11 great shows to watch after football
“No reason to say that I’ll be cheering them on against Russia on Monday.”
What do you think of this story? Let us know on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.