The Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) is the node agency for the provision of a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for filming in the state of Goa by the line producers registered with ESG and the Goan Producers & Production Houses.
The ESG authorities have been made aware that a lot of illegal filming is being carried out in the state of Goa, ie without obtaining the required filming from ESG. Everyone is hereby informed that an ESG NOC is mandatory for filming in the state of Goa. According to the law, anyone who shoots a film without receiving a NOC from ESG must be brought to court.
The current process for obtaining footage in the state of Goa is as follows:
- A request for filming in the state of Goa is received in the ESG office at the registered line producers of ESG or the producers / production houses in Goa, either by e-mail or by letter in the prescribed forms.
- The applications are processed by the ESG by notifying various departments / agencies concerned or asking for their permission. Upon completing the proper procedures, the applicant will be issued the No Objection Certificate (NOC) for shooting in Goa.
- The ESG charges an amount of Rs. 10,000 / – from the applicant as a processing fee and affected Panchayats has a sales share of Rs. 3000 / – in the stated amount. The other agencies / departments also charge a fee for locations they are responsible for, as applicable.
- It should be noted that the NOC will only be issued after the payment and processing is complete by the ESG for the shooting permits in the state of Goa.
- All filming permits in the state of Goa are forwarded through the Goan Line Producers registered with ESG. Only production houses in Goa or producers in Goa can apply for filming permits directly.
For more details, please register on the ESG website www.esg.co.in or contact the Goa Entertainment Company Office, Maquinez Palace Annexe, DB Marg, Panaji – Goa.