Kik bridges the gap between the world and your chat. In other words, it’s a robust messaging app to keep in touch with your family and friends. One thing that sets Kik apart is that you don’t have to give out your phone number. With Kik, you only need an email address to sign up and send messages.
What is Kik Messenger?
Kik makes it easier than ever to stay in touch with your friends and family. Unlike other apps that require you to reveal your phone number, Kik lets you sign up and send messages using only your email address to protect your privacy.
Whether you want to protect your privacy or are just looking for a new way to stay in touch, there’s a lot to know about this popular messaging app. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know.
What is Kik?
Kik Messenger is a free instant messaging and social networking app now owned by California-based MediaLab that uses your smartphone’s data plan or Wi-Fi connection to send messages to other Kik users and bypass SMS (short message service). It’s available on iOS, Android and Amazon for Kindle Fire.
While Kik is not unique in the way it broadcasts communications, it is distinguished by a distinctive but controversial effort to appeal to a specific demographic: Kik appeals to the teen crowd because of its emphasis on privacy and anonymity. In 2016, Kik Messenger had about 300 million registered users and was used by an estimated 40% of teens in the US. No user numbers have been published since 2016.
The trick is that you don’t have to register your phone number with Kik – it only requires your name and email address – which allows you to maintain a super-private presence on the platform, identified only by your username, the name you register with. With only a username as ID, Kik lets you share messages, photos, videos, sketches, stickers, mobile web pages, emojis, and other content with others on the platform. This is very appealing to both teen users (the official minimum age is 13) and others with privacy concerns.
Years With a username instead of a phone number, you don’t automatically share personal information with others – your chat companions on Kik can only see your display name, username, and profile picture. They can’t see your email address, phone number, or birthday, but within a Kik group, everyone can see your username. An optional feature searches for Kik accounts that match email addresses or phone numbers on your smartphone so you can find your contacts.
Top Features of kik Massenger
Kik has everything you need to chat with your family or friends – emojis, GIFs and text. With Kik Messenger, you can say what you want in a million different ways. Here are other features that make Kik so popular:
A simple and user-friendly interface
Kik has recently updated its user interface, making it more user-friendly and easy to use. Kik helps you share your feelings and moments through messages.
Kik’s bots can do many different things – chat, play games, give advice, post messages or even fashion tips. They are designed to be social. You can add a bot to your group chat and play games with your friends.
With unique codes from Kik, you can easily connect with the world. When someone scans your code, a chat opens and they can message you instantly.
The safest messenger
Kik is more than just an anonymous chat app. It’s a place where everyone can be themselves and feel comfortable. Kik works with many safety organizations to provide the highest safety standards for both teens and adults.
To download Kik on your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to Google Play, the Apple App Store, the Windows Store, or the Amazon App Store to get the Kik messaging app. Don’t worry, it’s free.
- After downloading and installing, open the Kik app. Then tap the sign-in button to create your Kik account. Enter all the required information and create a Kik username.
- Next, you will see the Kik welcome screen and you will have the option to select “Find Friends” or “Not Now”. This is entirely your decision. Kik will send you an instant message welcoming you onboard and thanking you for using the app.
- The message you received from the Kik team lets you know that if you have any questions, you can simply send a message and they will try their best to help you.
- Kik asks you to set a profile picture, so go for it. We like Bitmoji, which you can use for your profile picture, which is cool.
- Now that you’ve set up the Kik messaging app from your mobile device, we’ll go over how to install and set up Kik on your PC.