Royal “to change tactics and fight allegations of sexual abuse”

Prince Andrew will “turn around and fight” allegations of sexual abuse against him, according to the latest reports.

The allegations are said to represent a “significant change” in the king’s legal strategy.

The 61-year-old Duke of York is being sued by Virginia Giuffre – formerly Virginia Roberts – for alleged sexual abuse.

She claims Prince Andrew sexually abused her three times when she was 17.

The prince has denied allegations allegedly made in London, New York and an island in the Caribbean by Jeffrey Epstein.


Virginia Giuffre claims the Duke of York molested her three times when she was 17 (Image Credit: BBC)

Prince Andrew up-to-date: what has changed?

Earlier reports claimed Andrew felt he could “wipe” the allegations against him.

However, Andrew’s attorneys finally confirmed on Friday (September 24) that legal papers had been served.

Read more: The Queen could strip Prince Andrew of his HRH title, the royal author predicts

There followed several weeks of attempts by the king’s legal team to block Ms. Giuffre’s lawsuit rather than defend it.

Andrew now has until October 29th to reply. But the Post on Sunday claims his legal strategy has changed “dramatically”.

The Queen smiles while with Prince Andrew
Prince Andrew is the Queen’s second son and third of her four children (Photo credit: Splashnews.com)

What are the claims about Andrew’s legal strategy?

The tabloid cited a source “with knowledge of the proceedings” indicating that Andrew will “turn around and fight.”

You are supposed to have said: “The decision to bring in high-profile people” [US lawyer] Andrew Brettler, fighting civil litigation marks a major turning point in the approach.

The US team will attempt to vigorously combat and contest the claim.

“The US team will try to vigorously counter and contest Ms. Giuffre’s allegations in order to provide the Duke with a platform to finally clear his name.

“They will try to examine and dismantle the claims one by one.”

Prince Andrew looks petrified
Prince Andrew’s legal strategy has reportedly changed (Source: Splashnews.com)

Virginia Giuffre agrees to hand over the document

Elsewhere, The sun reports that Ms. Giuffre’s team will provide Andrews’ attorneys with a 2009 “Release Document”.

Her attorney denied any introduction that might contain a clause to absolve him from fault in her claims.

Read more: The Queen “will not override Prince Charles’ plan to keep Prince Andrew away from his duties,” claims expert

David Boies said they believed the release was “irrelevant to the Prince Andrew case”.

However, he added, “Now that service has been accepted and the case is resolved, we believe that Prince Andrew’s attorney has the right to review the release and make any arguments that it may be appropriate based on keep. ”

Leave us a comment our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.

Leave a Comment