Less time explaining, more time executing
Have you ever been in a situation where a friend or family member calls you with questions about their computer? Let’s say your mom just got a desktop computer and doesn’t know how to access the Internet, add bookmarks, download pictures, or perform other such tasks. You could call her up and walk her through everything like you’ve done a thousand times before, but she doesn’t even know the names of basic functions or actions like “Internet Browser,” “Toolbar,” or even “Address Bar.” Explaining to someone how to do something on the phone is difficult because you are not there and cannot physically see it. TeamViewer is a software program that can help you! With this software, you can use your computer or other compatible devices to connect remotely to another person and control that device as you would if you were there. If it seems amazing, that’s because it is!
Easy remote desktop access from your desktop or mobile device.
TeamViewer is software that allows you to access someone else’s computer from anywhere.
Once you’re connected, you can essentially do anything on the other user’s computer that they can do. View files and images, play games, download content and make other changes – complete control is in your hands, or rather, on your screen.
Setup is simple. On the TeamViewer website, you can choose from different versions of the software. If you want to download the Business license for a single user, Premium grants some people access for one session at a time, and Corporate allows teams to use the software with up to three sessions at a time. If you’re not sure which one you want and want to see how the software works first, you can download a personal use version for a trial run.
After you download the software, choose how you want to use it in the pop-up window and the installation will begin. When it’s done, a really handy tutorial page will open in your browser. The manual describes how to set up the software, gives you tips on how to navigate the interface, and includes manuals common in TeamViewer for meetings, the management console, using the ITbrain management platform, and more.
We finally made it to the main section of the software. Here you can take overall control of other desktops or allow others to access your desktops. On the left side of the interface, you can see the various functions available to you. On the Remote Control tab, you can grant access to another computer. Your ID is device-specific, and just below that you’ll see a password. This information is not static – it changes for each session you start for your security. To the right of that, you’ll see “Remote Control Computer.” Here you enter the ID of the desktop you want to access. Before you enter this ID, select what type of activity you want to perform – whether you just want to click around and view the other computer and what’s on it, or whether you want to transfer different types of activities files during the session. Once you’ve entered your partner’s ID, another window will pop up asking for their password. This is a great feature and guarantees that users can’t simply access other computers whenever they want without permission. At this point, your TeamViewer window will show what’s on the partner computer’s desktop, and you’ll be able to control and view pretty much everything.
Where can you run this program?
This program is available for a range of devices, including computers running Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, as well as iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
Is there a better alternative?
There are several options for alternatives, depending on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking to share software with a team of employees, we recommend Goverlan Reach. The software is secure, with encrypted channels for all devices involved, and offers many of the same features as TeamViewer. The main difference is that the user interface may be a bit confusing for those unfamiliar with remote sharing software. This software is aimed more at IT professionals and technicians who need a program that allows them to remotely fix someone else’s computer software.
Should you download it?
Yes. It’s everything you need and so easy to install and use. A sleek design and dark mode help with extended use that’s easy on your eyes. It’s great for lower-end PCs. Installation time is only about two minutes. If you’re nervous about accidentally clicking the wrong thing and connecting to a stranger on the Internet, the full guide that opens after installation is a real lifesaver. It is extremely detailed and will most likely answer any questions you have about settings, running meetings with the software, and other things the less tech-savvy user may have concerns about. If you want to work from home or forgot to retrieve a file from your work computer, you can access that desktop and send it to yourself. Even better, you can access printers from the connected PC and print them elsewhere. These are just a few of the software’s functions, and more fantastic features are often added to make using TeamViewer a unique and user-friendly experience.
- Secure and encrypted connections
- User-friendly features and interface
- Supports lower-end computers with less bandwidth
- Not free for commercial use
- Both connected devices require an Internet connection
- Occasional delay during use
Main advantages of using the free RAS software
- A flexible approach.
- With free remote access tools, users can experiment with the various features offered. When it comes time to opt for a paid solution, users know exactly what features they need.
- Easy access.
- The accessibility of free remote access software is unbeatable: You can access data or software anytime, anywhere, without spending a dime.
- Lower costs.
- Remote access solutions lower costs across the board. You don’t have to invest in as many servers, employees, or devices to keep your business running. Plus, travel costs are significantly reduced.
- Online security.
- Ensuring the security of remote access software is a top priority for any business. Consequently, most modern software programs have several built-in features to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to specific devices and resources. These include:
- Two-factor authentication, which requires a unique code generated in an app on your secondary mobile device to log in.
- End-to-end encryption, which ensures that only those communicating with each other can decrypt the messages being sent.
- Exponential latency increases between connection attempts to protect against brute force attacks.
- In addition, you can retain permissions to specify users who can access specific resources using blacklist and whitelist features.
We believe that TeamViewer is beneficial for a variety of different users. With all the different versions available, you can use it for personal use (to help your mom, for example) or to hold meetings and view projects and other things simultaneously on a few computers or mobile devices so that everyone is on the same page.