The BBC show Holby City released a new statement to fans after the ax

The BBC show Holby City released a new statement after announcing that the long-running medical drama would be canceled in 2022.

After devastated fans created their own petition to save the show, Holby City addressed the situation themselves.

And it doesn’t sound good to fans hoping the show can be saved.


Holby released a new statement (Credit: BBC)

What did Holby City say about the cancellation?

Following the announcement earlier this week, shocked fans used social media to express their dismay.

And an online petition has now drawn nearly 6,000 signatories.

Read more: Holby City fans launch online petition to save the show

In the midst of this support and love pouring out for the series, which has been running since 1999, the show once again thanked the fans for their response.

On Twitter, the show said: “We all at Holby were overwhelmed and touched by the reaction to the announcement that this current series will be our last …”

What else did the show say?

The statement was written by producer Seán Gleeson.

It continues: “We want to assure our fans, colleagues and our Holby family that we have every intention of ensuring that the next nine months will be the most fun Holby months and that we are going strong!”

Holby City releases new statement after rejection statement
Fans are still upset (Credit: BBC)

However, this was not washed for some fans.

In response, one wrote: “We will fight all the way.”

Another said: “RIP Holby City, would have liked to continue broadcasting.”

A third cried: “Stop making me cry!”

Holby City canceled: devastated fans launch online petition to save the show
Holby broke the news yesterday (Credit: BBC)

How did Holby deliver the sad news to fans?

The show informed the fans on Wednesday (June 2nd) of their cancellation.

A detailed statement reads: “We are very sorry to have to tell you the sad news that Holby City will come to an end in March next year after 23 amazing years.

“We are so grateful to Holby’s wonderful cast, crew, writers and producers – and our millions of loyal viewers and fans for being part of our show.

Read more: Holby City has been deleted from the BBC after 23 years as the show ends next year

“This difficult decision reflects the BBC’s commitment to doing more programming across the UK and better reflecting, representing and serving all parts of the country.”

It was also said that the show will be broadcast until next March.

Leave us a comment our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.

Leave a Comment