What’s wrong with ITV? That was the question that viewers were wondering when the service shut down this afternoon (October 11th).
The crash occurred in the middle of the afternoon and reports say the vast majority of viewers are affected by the live broadcast.
However, the crash affects his website as well.
What’s Wrong With ITV Today?
At around 3:20 p.m., the DownDetector site reported that the channel was having problems.
About 90% of the reports said they had live broadcast issues while the other 10% had issues with the ITV Hub website.
Continue reading: Subtitle on channel 4: Ofcom “very concerned” about technical problems
These problems range from pixelation to the service not working at all.
The news comes after Channel 4 and Channel 5 had problems with their audio and signage functions after a fire disaster at Red Bee Media.
We are currently aware of problems with ITV channels. We don’t have any further information yet. We recommend that you do not make any new settings.
– Freeview (@FreeviewTV) October 11, 2021
How did ITV react to the apparent failure?
Initial reports suggest that ITV is hardest hit via the Freeview digital terrestrial service.
After a viewer tweeted the service’s official Twitter account to let them know they were having problems, the viewer replied, “We are currently aware of problems with ITV channels.
“We don’t have any further information yet.
“We recommend that you do not vote again.”
However, despite the apparent failure, ITV has yet to issue an explanation.
The company has yet to break its social media silence, and ED! contacted them for clarification.
– Marian (@AClassicalBelle) October 11, 2021
ITV has been so disrupted that there is no announcement as to why it happened.
Is this the work of the government, the parliament,
Opposition parties police, or is it Brexit. Please let us know. Miss the crap on ITV.
– Trev (@ trevorwalsh12) October 11, 2021
How did the audience react to the crash?
One angry viewer said on Twitter: “ITV is down.
“So much interference, no announcement to tell us why it happened.
“Is that the work of the government, parliament, the opposition party police or is it Brexit?
“Please let us know. I miss you [bleep] on ITV. “
Another wrote: “ITV down. Bad luck if you want #ClassicCorrie! [angry face emoji]
“This becomes a real one [bleep] Day!”
Another angry viewer said: “Is anything else working in this country?”
Meanwhile, a user on DownDetector angrily replied: “COME ON ITV.
Read more: Sunday brunch viewers angry as All4 streaming suffers from technical problems
“At least acknowledge the mistake and tell us what happens.”
In addition, the viewers claimed, “You don’t seem to be answering your phones or emails.
“You’re a public broadcaster and we deserve better.”
Leave us a comment our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.